Monday, December 31, 2012

Year In Review...

You're probably waiting for me to address the I-didn't-blog-for-a-month thing.

Sorry.

At first, it was unintentional. Then, when I got halfway through the month I thought, "Hey, maybe I could do this. Take a one month blog break." I was having some writers block, and honestly, I think it was a good idea. I'm craving blogging now. :)

There were some things in December that had me itching to blog, and I'll address some of those things in the New Year. But for now, I thought I'd do a little "Alyssa's Year in Review". :)

I faithfully shined this year. Or at least, I tried to. It was a little hard and I failed a lot. But there were moments [My most joyful moments of 2012, I'd say.], and I can't wait to see what God has in store for 2013 [But more on that tomorrow.].

I got my first letter from Happyness, and it's been a wonderful year of getting to know her as we change each others' lives.

She's too adorbs.
I went to Wilmington. [Did I mention I'm going back? More on that in the next week as well! :)] It was awesome/life-changing/amazing/a blast/a God-thing.

The Wilmington Team [We're a little crazy.]

In the summer, I went to summer school [to get ahead, like the nerd I am.] and I reflected a whole lot on it being a year since witnessing crazy poverty in the Philippines. Check out those posts: The Broken :: A Year Of Figuring Out How To Be Broken :: Hungry and Thirsty

Summer 2011

When school started, it was Compassion Blog Month. Check out those posts: How Broken Do I Really Want To Be? :: Confessions Of A Broken Teenager :: A Little Less Lonely

September ended with a Celebration of Joy, and God got together 500+ people and $30,158.42 to build a Compassion Child Development Centre in Masbate, Philippines.

Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy
September 29, 2012

The fall has been crazy and I've just been trying to cling to His grace. I forget sometimes, how awesome he is. How do I forget that? I need to remember that more. and more. and more. and more.

2012, it's been swell. Can't wait for all that 2013 will bring!

Happy New Year!!!

Other 2012 Posts Worth Mentioning in a "Year in Review":
Six Months, One Day [January]
A Sports Post [February]
The Hunger Games [March]
Two More Tanzania Favourites [May]
Why. [May]
What is Sponsorship? [July]
A Slow Death That You Don't Have to Die [August]
If We Are The Body [October]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...