Monday, January 30, 2012

Six Months, One Day

Florianlyn and I
She steps out from behind the van, a shy, quiet nine-year-old with her black hair cut short and a piece of thread tied through where earrings would be if she could afford them.

After months of waiting, finally, Florianlyn and I were standing face to face.

That was 6 months and 1 day ago, July 29th, 2011.

But I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I couldn't understand what she was saying, and she couldn't understand me, but somehow, there was still a connection. We're just two random girls (that live on opposite ends of the world, no less!) that God brought together.

And I believe God brought us together for a reason.

So that we could change each other's lives.

I've learned that it doesn't take much to change a life.

I think God made it that way because, well, we can't really do much anyways. So He didn't make it hard to change lives.

He made it so everyone can change a life. It starts with a smile, a wave, a letter, some spare change, or just believing in someone... And Jesus will do the rest.

---

Change a life today... Jesus will meet you there AND do most of heavy lifting! All He wants is your faith. :) Sponsor a child!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Haley. I have a blog and I'm trying to come up with a new background. I really like your picture at the top and was wondering how you did it. If you don't mind can email me at haleykeatts@gmail.com. Or I could check back for a reply on the comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi haley!

    i actually use picnik (picnik.com) to do that, then just put the photo in instead of the title and description when you go to the "design" tab. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...