Monday, October 3, 2011

Memory Verse+Music Mondays...

I've never been too good at series on my blog. But I think I can do this one. Because: 1. I'll have all weekend to put it together, and 2. I know a lot of memory verses and songs. :P

So... My mom did "Memory Verse Mondays" back in 2009, and I've actually been meaning to try it for awhile. And I've got so many songs I've been wanting to share with you guys...

So... Introducing...

Memory Verse+Music Mondays...! :)

I'm goona [try... haha.] to do one every Monday for the whole school year... Let's see how long I can keep this up. :$ The verse and the song won't always go together, but some days [Like today! :D] when I'm feeling creative, they will. :) Anyways... Here it goes... [And sorry if I'm not making much sense today... It's one of those days. :P]

This song has been stuck in my head on and off forever now! It's just such a great song. So profound, yet just really obvious too. Like, "How HE loves us." just makes so much sense... and has made me realize just how much HE really, really does love me. And you.

How He Loves by David Crowder Band:


He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

[verse 1]

Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way...

He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves.



How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that we are. -1 John 3:1

2 comments:

  1. This is really, really cool :) Can't wait to see what you will be posting every week now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great song and verse! Can't wait to read what you have next week.

    Your friend,
    ~Lysa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...