Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blessed Are The Peacemakers

One random phone call one lunch hour, and boom - I'm told I'm the winner of the YMCA Peace Medallion. 

Me? Just a girl messily trying to live out a Jesus-life, and I get an award for it. 

God's funny like that sometimes. 

Today, in the midst of this award and in the week before Remembrance Day, I'm so stoked to be guest blogging over at my church's Transform blog. Hope you'll join me there today. :)

-

Peace isn’t quiet tranquility. Peace isn’t finally nothing to do or curled up on the couch with hot chocolate and a book all weekend. Nor is peace the period between wars.

Those things aren’t bad – I love a good nap and any time when there’s no war in the world it’s definitely good. The thing is, those things could be peace, but they shouldn’t be.

Because we have to stop settling for calling short balms to the chaos of our lives peace.

Because peace is so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...