This is basically a fun little thing going around in which we just get to share some random bits about ourselves that might not come up in usual blogging. And I thought, Why not? Sounds like fun. :)
Basically, I'm supposed to:
1. Share 11 facts about myself.
2. Answer 11 questions given to me by the person who nominated me.
3. Nominate 11 more blogs [with 200 followers or less] and create 11 questions for them.
Alright - let's get this show on the road.
11 [very] Random Facts About Me
1. People tell me this is strange, but I can't write on the same piece of paper with two different coloured pens. [Unless it's art.] If I start taking a note with a blue pen, I'm committed - no way am I continuing tomorrow with a pencil or a black pen. [Anyone else? Please tell me I'm not alone - ha!]
2. I love sitting on the floor. I have have no idea why. As I write this, I'm sitting on the floor.
3. I'm big on following many pro sports. People don't always guess from my appearance, but I'll name off tonight's NBA and NHL schedule, plus the standings AND last's night's score and play of the game.
4. I'm also big on country music. Again, I don't really look the part... ha! But country probably has the second highest presence on my iPod, after worship tunes. And don't worry, I do enjoy some pop and alternative too. ;)
5. I got my G1 (basically my driver's learner's permit) this past spring, and I got to drive our car, which my parents bought two weeks before I was born. Crazy, huh? We recently had to say goodbye to that car, which was sad.
6. I have a minor addiction to ice cream. Inherited from my dad.
7. I would love to travel the world in my lifetime. I have such a fascination with foreign countries and their cultures, languages and ways of life. Africa [all of it!] is definitely high on the destinations list. So is Australia and a lot of European countries. [ps Minor side note: I always find it so fun when someone visits my blog from a country I haven't heard of, because I get to learn something new! :)]
8. I'm very much a people person. I'll talk to anyone and I think it's a shame that we don't talk to strangers more often. [I do get that we have to be safe. But still.]
9. My little brother's about to be taller than me. He might already be. :/ [But I'm only 5'1". So it's not that big of an accomplishment. ;)]
|Throwback to when I was taller, no questions asked.|
ps I love this kid!
11. Jesus is my everything. :)
11 Questions from Lizzie
1. Describe yourself in 8 words or less. Trying my best to bear God's image.
2. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be? I know this is a little cliche, but - Jesus. When people see me, I hope they see Jesus through me. I hope when I leave, Jesus is what they remember. And I know I am still a long, huge way away from being able to totally step aside, die to self and let Jesus shine through me. Working on that each day. I suck at it, His grace still remains.
3. Who has had the most impact on your life and why? Florianlyn, Rochelle, Happyness, and the people I met in Wilmington. They've shown me what really matters in this life.
|Rochelle. She is a huge blessing in my life! ❤|
5. What is your favourite TV show or movie and why? I'm currently really enjoying The Voice... so much talent! My favourite show was Flashpoint, but unfortunately last season was the final season. :( As for movies, Les Mis was the last one I saw in theatres and I loved it! [I guess I didn't really get to why, but this is getting a little lengthly, so let's move on. ;)]
6. What is the best compliment you have ever received? There are so many uplifting people in my life - I'm so thankful for that! As for one, best compliment? Let's go with this: Someone I look up to and respect once told me that they "brag" about me to other people. That was so unbelievably encouraging and uplifting to me. That people I don't know might be encouraged by my story.
7. What is the most memorable letter you have ever received? Something that sticks out in my mind is a few letters Florianlyn wrote to us. Over the course of these letters, she told us how the money we sent her family was being used to finish their roof and start her mom's business back up. Hearing that was so. cool.
8. Who is the most important person in your life? One person? Jesus. However, I have a lot of people pouring into me and they are so important to me: My parents, brother and many of my wonderful brothers and sisters and role models at my youth group and church.
9. What would you do with a million dollars? Bless people. Travel. Give it away. Save it. [Really, I have no clue. I could talk big now, but I know being entrusted with that much money would both freak me out, get me really excited to do something big, and have me looking to people I trust for advice.]
10. What is your favourite memory? At the end of my week in Wilmington, our team travelled and met our other team in Camden, New Jersey. We ate together, hung out, reflected, and then together, as people changed from a week in brokenness and beauty, sat in the sanctuary of the church they were staying at and sang, prayed, cried, celebrated and worshipped together. That is something stuck in my mind forever - I saw and felt the beauty, presence and love of our God. It was just really, really beautiful.
|photo creds: @thebosscurt|
Whew! That was fun. :)
So, this is where I'm supposed to nominate 11 more blogs for the Liebster award. However, as I've been reading through other Liebster posts, I'm thinking most of my blog buds have already been nominated! So let's do this - if you'd like to participate, then do it! :) Use the questions below. Then, come back and let me know in the comments, and I'll add your link to this post. Deal? Yay. :)
1. Describe yourself in 8 words or less.
2. Name 3 people from anywhere and any time in history that you'd love to grab coffee with.
3. What do you want to be remembered for?
4. What's your favourite memory?
5. Current favourite book, song, movie.
6. Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
7. What's your proudest accomplishment?
8. You have a free month - no work, no school, no responsibilities at all. What do you do and who do you do it with?
9. Where's the farthest you've been from your current home?
10. What's the first character trait you hope comes to mind when people think of you?
11. Talk about something important to you - anything, really.
Sweet - thanks for reading, guys! :)