Thursday, April 19, 2012

Daily Bread

The last time I wrote a blog post was 10 whole days ago... I'm so bad. Sorry! :$

Here I was thinking this semester I'd have more time to blog... Seems like as soon as I see blank space in my [imaginary/mental] calendar, I decide to [purposely or accidentally...?] fill it up! :S

Where have I been these past 10 days you ask? Well, there's piano, youth group, band practice, reffing basketball, watching basketball, not to mention school. ;) And, youth retreat, which is always super awesome but ALWAYS gets me ignoring this thing called my blog. ;) I got to play on the band at the retreat, which was so. much. fun! :)

Playing in the band! I'm at the very edge on the left. ;)
Photo Credits: @keithhubley
Anyways, I had a super great reminder on the retreat of my word[s] for 2012.

Shine. Reflect Jesus' light.

In small group, we asked ourselves why it's so hard to shine for Jesus. For me, it's mostly cuz I forget. I get so busy, life gets too fast, I start worrying about anything and everything, and somehow I forget about what's supposedly the most important thing in my life.

And the solution? My second word, Faith. :)

Stop worrying about tomorrow, and that frees up A LOT of brain space for shining.

In the Lord's Prayer, Jesus asks for "daily bread". Just enough, and just for today. Nothing for tomorrow and no extras.

Just enough strength for today, Lord. Just enough patience and just enough energy.

I've been trying this, this week after the retreat, to just pray for enough.

And you know what? It works! When I have faith that I'll have enough for today and tomorrow is it's own problem, I'm SO much better at being a "Child of Light". (Ephesians 5:8-10)

Here's a challenge: Just ask for enough. Don't worry and don't try and live with all the extras. And now that the hard part is over, shine. That part just comes naturally. :)

"Give us today our daily bread."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...