Friday, July 8, 2011

T-47 hours and 43 minutes...

...Until I'm on my Compassion Trip.

The other countdown that's going on: Philippines. 13 days, 1 hour and 43 minutes until I'm on the plane! :) EXCITEMENT!!! :D

So this is why it's been quiet on my blog for the past few days: packing, laundry, shopping and compiling pictures for Ankong [that's chinese for grandpa! ;)], Florianlyn, and a presentation I'm doing for a youth group in the Philippines! It's been a busy few days for my fam!

So this is gonna be one of those random blog posts:


1. You might be wondering about the title of the post. Well, the "T-" part. [That's "minus" not "dash" BTW. :P] This morning I watched shuttle Atlantis take off for the last time. I wouldn't have watched it if my brother hadn't been so excited and determined to watch it, or I would've totally forgot about it... Actually, not known about it at all! :P I have to admit, it was pretty cool. But let me tell you, it takes patience. They'd be like, "T-9 minutes to launch!" and I'm like, "Can't you just press the gas pedal and go NOW...?" :P

2. I never really did a sports post about NHL free-agency or the draft, but let's just say my Leafs kinda underachieved in July 1st. No Brad Richards. No Max Talbot... No one, really. We signed ZERO people on July 1st. But it gets better[ish]. We got Tim Connolly and Matt Lombardi in terms of centres, resigned Bozak [he's a centre too, but he won't be our #1 centre this year with Connolly here.], resigned Clarke MacArthur, which was good, Riems got resigned [YEAHHH!], but that was a long time ago. Anyways, we have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed this year. [Okay, I say that every year, but still. I mean it this year.] Go Leafs Go! :D

3. Saw Lady Antebellum's music video for "Just a Kiss," and I thought it was SO good and way cute, so here it is:


Isn't it sweet? ;)

4. My parents found out this week that the plane we're were supposed to take to go see Florianlyn got cancelled... So now we're taking this bush plane thing... :S Maybe I'll just sleep the whole way there to avoid throwing up...! :P LOL... Maybe I'll be okay, I usually do okay with planes. As long as we don't have to take a boat, I'm good. :P


So, this is goodbye for at least a week, because I have a basketball tournament all weekend, and there is no iPods on my Compassion trip! :( So I will tell you guys all about it when I'm back on Saturday! So until then, au revoir and please keep me and the team in your prayers! It means a lot, thanks everyone! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...