Friday, March 8, 2013

What I Wish You Would Really Know

Girl - would you pause a minute and do something for me?

Kill all those lies.

Actually, this is more for you, but it’d help me a lot because it kills me to see you believe those lies.

Can I just say I notice the way you shrink a bit when he walks by? 

And why do you let him have power over you?

Because you slump your shoulders and hang your head but girl - a Man who hung on a cross loves you too much for you to be doing that.

And I wish you would just know - believe - how deep the Father's love for you is. 

Sister, you are a princess - daughter of the King.

I wish you would know that, so you can live that. 

And too often we believe lies - not good enough, not pretty enough, not skinny enough, not smart enough - can we lay those things to rest? 

I wish you'd seek and hold out for God's best for you. In everything. 

Because you're cheaping yourself out if you settle for anything less.

I wish you'd give yourself the respect you deserve: media might tell you that you're an object, but you're not. 

You are a creation. God's creation. 

Believe that. Live that.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: Girl, sometimes we sell ourselves short. 

But a God who loves, champions and fights for you?

He made you for so. much. more.

~

Happy International Women's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...