So I've told you all about my sponsored children a bit, but I've never really told you why you should sponsor a child for yourself. So here it goes...
10 Reasons to Sponsor a Compassion Child
1. You not only change this one kid's life, you begin to break the poverty cycle. These kids get to go to school. Once they have an education, your sponsored child will go way farther in life. It begins to break the poverty cycle, because your child will be able to get a job with their education.
2. You need them just as much as they need you. Praying for you child, hearing from them, writing to them, it moves you. It brings you closer to God. You grow and learn by sponsoring a child.
3. It's just plain fun. Writing to your child is so much fun. Plus, you have to get creative with how to send them cool little gifts, because you can only send flat, paper items in the mail. Stickers, colouring pages, book marks, origami and pictures and always good.
4. You're also helping your child's family. It's not just helping the child, but the family too. Who knows? Your child parents or siblings could come to know Christ through your sponsorship. Parents will write to you telling you how much you've helped them.
5. Family time! Sponsor a child as a family, then write to them as a family. It's a great way to bring your family together.
6. No better time to learn you geography and about foreign cultures! :) You'll learn lots about Haiti, the Philippines, Guatemala, Burkina Faso, Honduras or whatever country you child's from! :)
7. No better excuse for a trip to [insert way-cool country's name here] than to visit you Compassion child! Guess what??!! My family gets to meet Florianlyn this summer!!! So. Excited.
8. "I'm starving." That's a North American expression for "I haven't eating in a few hours." But seriously, we don't even know starving compared to these kids.
9. Who can resist those adorable faces?
10. It just plain rocks to sponsor a child. 'Nuff said.
So, I've given you ten reasons to sponsor a child, so go on over to www.compassion.ca, www.compassion.com or whatever the site is for your country, and sponsor a child!!! How about her? Or him? Or how about this adorable little boy? This girl? They're all waiting for a sponsor and you're the perfect one for this amazing, humbling, life-changing job! :)
Thanks for reading! :)