Monday, July 2, 2012

Ramblings and Stuff {Exciting Stuff!}

It's 8:00pm and the sun is still shining. I don't really have to wake up for any certain time tomorrow and my wardrobe for the next two months will consist of nothing other than shorts, t-shirts, TOMS and flip-flops except for during basketball clinic. NHL and NBA players create drama over free agency and the only sport on TV is baseball {ick. (no offence, baseball.)}. It's the kind of hot were you feel sticky and the only time of year when Canadians wish for winter.

It's summer. :)

And I'm actually kinda glad I'm doing summer school, cuz I'm bored already! ;) Haha.

18 {non-consecutive} days of summer school gets me a whole high school credit, so it's a pretty sweet deal. And one of my good friends is doing it with me, so it'll be a blast. ;)

Then there's a family road trip and hanging out with friends... and there goes my summer! :P

You know what I just realized the other day?

2012 is halfway over!

That was fast.

Anyways, that's what I have lined up for the summer in general, although I'm a girl who love spontaneous adventure, so who knows what I'll end up doing when I don't have anything planned? ;)

How about you, plans for the summer? (Or if you're American, what have you already done {since your summer is half way over!}?)

Alright, enough rambling, let me tell you about something really. really. exciting.

I know the whole summer stands in between us and this date, but mark your calendars for September 29th because that's the night of Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy.

What is that, might you ask?

Well, as most of you know, last summer my family and I took a trip to the Philippines. While there, we had the awesome opportunity to visit our Compassion Child, Florianlyn.

Florianlyn and I
When we were at her Child Development Centre, we found out that they were hoping to build a new building to hold the growing amount of children enrolling in the Centre, they were just awaiting funds.
        
Fast forward to us coming back home. My mom really felt that it would be amazing to help out in building the centre.
    
The plans for the new building.
Fast forward again and opportunity falls out of the sky {God's in the sky, you know?} and everything is slowing falling into place and on September 29, 2012, a classical-contemporary concert entitled Eucharisteo: A Celebration of Joy, will happen.

100% of the proceeds from the $20 ticket sales will go towards building a child development centre in Masbate, Philippines. And people can donate above and beyond and hopefully by the end of all this, we'll have enough to build a whole child development centre.

That's exciting.

But wanna know another exciting part of this whole thing?

Ann Voskamp {Yeah, she might've written a book. And it might have been a NY Times bestseller. And it might still be, almost a year later.} will be the guest speaker at this event. {Hence the "Eucharisteo" name, which means "to give thanks". "Eucharisteo" is the main theme or her blog and her book.} :)

Exciting, eh?

Now I know a lot of you blog readers don't live anywhere close to Toronto, so there's no possible way to attend. But you can still help us out! If you go to the concert website, click on the "Compassion International" tab, and scroll to the bottom, there's instructions on how to donate to this CDC.

If you do decide to take just enough and give so others can have enough, thank you. 

Also, we have a blog button that you can put on your blog/website. You can grab it at the bottom of the website, www.eucharisteo.ca. Let all you friends in and around Toronto know to come and support this great cause {and hear some pretty awesome music, too! ;)}

Yikes, that was a long one! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...