Monday, September 30, 2013

On This Last Day of Compassion Blog Month...

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. 
- Mother Teresa
...I have learned that I will not change the world.
Jesus will do that.
I can, however, change the world for one person.
 
I think the most overwhelming thing about ending poverty is that word - millions. 

Millions without access to clean drinking water.

Millions living on less that $1 a day.

Millions of dying babies, uneducated children and starving families.

And while it's important to know the facts, it's also important to stare all those numbers in the face and say this:

"I'll start with one."

And so there are about 10 hours left in Compassion Blog Month. [Here on my blog, we've been to Kenya, and back to my childhood.]

I have no clue where we're at in terms of our 3160 sponsorships goal.

Doesn't really matter. I'll ask you this: Will you change the world of one today?

If you can't educate a hundred, a thousand, a million - will you educate one?

If you can't feed, clothe, protect, and inspire a million - will you do so for one?

If you can't tell a million people about the gospel - will you start with one?

Trust me - the most life-changing thing you'll ever do. 

And, I really suspect you won't stop at just one. :)

As we go through each day, our heart's cry should be, Lord, where would you have me give, serve, and invest myself to bring hope to the poor?
- Johnny Carr, Orphan Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...