Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Patience [It's a Virtue]

#oneword2013


Oh boy.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not patient. At all.

So I don't really know what that word is doing up there on the top of this blog post.

I'm not easily annoyed, but one thing that's super annoying to me is slow stuff. Slow songs, slow games, slow movies, slow TV shows all usually get shut off because they're not moving fast enough. Just look at the sports I enjoy: hockey, basketball, football. Baseball? Too slow. Golf? Too slow. Poker? Oh boy.

Here's what I've learned: Although it's good to have faith and just jump right into the deep end, sometimes, you should probably get into the shallow end first, learn how to swim, and then swim to the deep end.

You drown less.

Thing is, learning to swim is a long process. A slow one. And I get a little impatient. Take me to the diving board.

Another thing I've learned? Hope is slow. Hope is like molasses. And for a girl like me, living, striving, working for hope, it gets a little frustrating at times. I get a little impatient. (Okay, a lot impatient.)

I do this thing with God where I'm like, Why don't you just fix it? You can. So why. don't. you.

I see hopeless eyes and I see hoarding and I see war, poverty, mass shootings, slavery, and I say where is the hope? It's slow. It's coming, it's real, but we have made hope oh. so. slow.

This year is going to be a year of trusting God's timing. Of trying to centre myself with His will so I can see, He's got this. I don't need to tell Him what time it is. I don't need to tap my watch at Him, because I really don't know better that the God of the Universe [really.].

I can scream "Why?" at Him and He'll just look at me and say that I should take heart, because he has overcome the world.

I can be like, "Hey God? Now would be a good time." and He'll say, "No. I know of a better time."

And I just really gotta trust that.

And be patient.

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. -Romans 8:25

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...