Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Mania


This is from Kutless' new album, Believer.

Believer has seriously been on repeat on my iPod since it came out. Haven't listened to anything else. I fell in love with this song right away. Love the lyrics! :)

I was reading the sermon on the mount last week (Matthew 5-7) and a part that really stuck out to me was when Jesus talks about storing your treasures in heaven, not earth. 

I've heard this said many, many times, but not recently, and it was a really great reminder. No earthly thing that I own or do will last past my time here on earth. All my worth really is in Jesus. That's all that will be left when it's all said and done: What I gave Jesus.

My identity is in Jesus.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Matt. 6:19-21

P.S. No Monday Mania nest week... I'll be in Wilmington! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...